Two issues I encounter when experimenting with gluten free baking recipes is the final product is either too wet or too dry. I search recipes online and many of the brownie recipes called for a pile of dates in place of sugar, or massive amounts of butter. These are all too goopy.
The ones that call for sixteen different kinds of gluten free flour are too dry or crumbly, and/or have a chalky kind of aftertaste.
Hence, my resolve to create my own recipe. After several trials and errors, I have found the ultimate combination of ingredients and now have my gluten free brownie recipe.
Like many of my recipes, though, there's always room for play. I want to try adding a handful of chocolate chips, or maybe some crushed almonds. I gladly welcome suggestions in the comment section.
Recipe for Gluten Free Brownies
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and butter an 8in. square pan
1 1/4 cup Gluten Free Bisquick Mix
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla
1 stick gluten free butter, nearly melted
- Whisk together the Bisquick mix, salt, baking powder, and sugar.
- Sift in the cocoa powder
- Whisk the cocoa powder into the dry ingredients until blended
- Add the vanilla and eggs to the dry ingredients
- Stir to break up the eggs and start incorporating them into the mixture
- Add the nearly melted butter and stir until the ingredients are blended and the mixture is thickened
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes
- Allow to cool for one hour before cutting
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired
Other than creating a brownie recipe, I also vowed to make more cooking videos. I'm working on that, as you can see.
I also vowed to start a gardening blog, which I did. Check out just az gardens to see how my gardens grow.
Haven't quite gotten the vegetarian meals my husband will actually like yet, but hey, the pizza bread I made the other night was meatless, and he liked that.
I also intended to exercise more. That, to, is a work in progress.
And finally, I resolved to find inner peace. Yea. That one is taking some work as well. But hey, I'm growing veggies and making brownies. So maybe it's all good.